India is a great country with a wonderful historical significance and there are numerous constructions that reveal the history of the vast country. One interested to see the amazing monuments, striking forts, alluring palaces and a few more need to explore the beauty of India and there are innumerable places that offer a fabulous holiday.
There are several constructions in India that reveal the fineness of art and architecture of the brave rulers who played a crucial role in the history. A few historic constructions are very special and owe its own significance in the history of India. One such alluring construction is Fatehpur Sikri, which was constructed by the great Mughal rulers. This famous place even served as the capital of the emperor Akbar and was abandoned due to scarcity of the water within 10 years.
- This region is very special and owes the name after the name of a ruler who won the city after seven invasions. The city was named for the victory of the Emperor Akbar over the Rajput ruler and finally the place Sikrigarh got the name Fatehpur Sikri.
- The city of Victory was designed to be the capital of the Mughal rulers, but the severe crisis of water made the rulers vacate the region. After winning the region Akbar changed the face of the region and made alluring constructions that reveal the fineness of Mughal art and architecture.
- But the glory dint last for a longer period due to the issues with water and was left as an abandoned city which is not a most visited ruin of history. The most visited places of Fatehpur Sikri which stands as a living example of the finest Mughal architecture are the Buland Darwaza, Mariam –uz-Zamani, Diwani-I- Khas, Birbal Palace, Jama Masjid, Palace of Jodha Bai and a few more.
- The architecture of this place is much impressive and one can see the decorated region which is a blend of both Hindu and Mughal construction style. Jama Masjid is one alluring construction of Fatehpur Sikri which is made using the red colored sandstone.
- As if all other constructions of the Mughal this place is even a construction of the Mughal architecture. Along with this the Diwan-i-Khas which was served as the private hall of audience during the Mughal rule.
- The decorations, carvings and other patterns of construction of the hall allure every art lover and with the pillars and many more the hall is a very unique master piece. The Buland Darwaza is a very unique door and is also the highest gateway and was even raised for the victory of Akbar over Deccan.
Along with all the complexes in Fatehpur Sikri the Panch Mahal is one very special place that is worth of visiting. Travelers can visit Fatehpur Sikri on the way to Agra, Jaipur and Delhi or mostly known as the Golden Triangle Tour. So enjoy seeing the finest piece of the Mughal architecture the Fatehpur Sikri and explore the beauty of the marvelous constructions in the region.